A couple weeks ago it was "Forever Family Day 1" !!
We all survived!
As you can see we had a very low key celebration, just the 4 of us, with iccey cream cake.
We Sang happy family day, drank our wine, ate our cake.
On a related thought, Recently, on the back half of a teary meltdown Kate and I were talking about Taiwan, her Mama and Baba's she had had there. I go there for work in a couple weeks so the subject has been up a lot.
Kate stated she had 2 mama and 2 Taiwan baba's and that both she and Sydney used to cry ALOT for them when they were at the orphanage.
That is, until, she "Came home with mama and baba". Her words.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Heather and Ian,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your new blog with us. I just read this posting and I can totally relate to it. Mika says she has 2 Mommies too. When I ask her "Mika, how many Mommies do you have?" She says "TWO Mommies. Mama Taiwan and Mommy at home." It's reassuring to hear that Kate is saying the same thing.
Congratulations again on your Forever family day anniversary! Please stay in touch.
from your friend,
Catherine, in Japan