No pictures today just life,
-I drop the girls at day care in the morning so H preps lunches and the like and says goodbye with kisses, everyone blows and catches kisses as she leaves
-the girls finish breakfast with me siting between them egging them on to eat and not just play with food or talk to me
-then its time to go upstairs where we brush teeth, comb hair
-we walk up hand in hand usually
-Kate almost always asks to have teeth brushed first, we do it with them lying in their backs (suggested by the dentist as it gives easier access)
-they hop up or I grab as they run by, plop them on their backs and brush up, down, fronts and tongue (god help me if i forget a step..they let me know!!!)
-then we seal the deal with me kissing them on the nose, and bringing over a little drink of water
This leaves the team quite happy :)
Then I leave to brush my own teeth (they remind me if i try to skip) and while I go they usually jump into Sydneys bed.... cover up and play hide from baba. Two massive giggling jiggling lumps under the covers that cant wait for baba to pull back the covers finding them
Then we do, 1 baba 2 "little girls" as Kate puts it now, it used to be "two babies" she would say. I pick them both up and we go downstairs one in each arm everyone yelling weee weee weeee , as we gallop down the stairs
I start yelling to put shoes on, as I get jackets and start collecting what needs to go to the car. They sometimes manage the shoes, the rest of the time they mill about in an excited manner doing pretty much nothing about shoes.
I help with shoes, help with jackets , hand them their lunch bags and away we go, each grabbing at the door (they love to play with the door)
I let them make there way down the steps and to the car, open the trunk, they stand on their tip toes and put their lunch bags in (they are still really little when you get them into the real world)
Kate asks to be the first in, I open her door...or she insists on opening herself, she climbs in herself and in most cases buckles herself in with great pride
Sydney runs to the top of the drive way and in what is now a ritual starts hopping as high as she can down the drive (remember we are on a bit of a hill, so their is quite an incline) and hops until she throws herself into my arms laughing and smiling, I twirl her about and get her in her car seat
off we go to daycare/school with Kate talking non stop, Sydney agreeing or just chiming in with a half articulated sentence or yell and both of them singing in most cases (oh canada and happy birthday are the 2 faves)
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment